Safari Helicopters offers two helicopter tours out of Hilo Airport. Both of their tours will take you to see the Kilauea Volcano and their Deluxe Tour also offers majestic views of Hawaii’s coastline. Their Regular Tour costs $169, while their Deluxe Tour costs only $20 more, so it is probably worth it to splurge a little.
About Safari Helicopters
- Safari Aviation, Inc. was incorporated in June 1987
- Preston Myers is the founder, owner and primary pilot
- They started on Kauai and expanded to Hilo, Hawaii
- They fly A-Start 350 Helicopters
- They have been awarded 10 stars by the Hawaii Helicopter Operator’s Association
Volcano Safari Tour Price $169.00
Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Fly directly towards the Hawaii Volcano National Park and see volcanic activity on this tour. You’ll see the Lava Tree forest and may even get to see lava gushing into the ocean and perhaps a fiery, hot lava lake.
Deluxe Volcano and Coastline Safari Tour Price: $189.00
Time: 50 to 55 minutes
View the volcano and towering waterfalls. You’ll get to see everything listed in the Safari tour, plus amazing waterfalls on Wailuku River such as Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots and you’ll get to see Hilo Bay too.
Contact Safari Helicopters
- Phone: 808-969-1259
- Website: http://www.safarihelicopters.com/big-island-helicopter-tours/