Robert Kiyosaki was born in Hilo, Hawaii in 1947. He is most famous for writing Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which is one of the best selling financial books of all time. What many people don’t know is that he made his first fortune by introducing the first nylon, velcro surfer wallets.
- Born on April 8, 1947 in Hilo, Hawaii
- Raised in Hilo and graduated from Hilo High
- Attended U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Sold copy machines for Xerox
- Started a company that introduced surfer wallets
- Went bankrupt and was homeless for a while
- Wrote best seller Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- Made a fortune on real estate and by starting Rich Dad Company and Cashflow Technologies, Inc.